It feels good to be HOME.
Right now, we are …
– feeling blessed that we dreamed big and lived our big dream
– reflecting on the courage it took to take the road less traveled
– unpacking a wealth of memories made in a year that will surely last a lifetime
– acknowledging that this was not a once-in-a-lifetime adventure, but rather a spark of action to live a life of more adventure
– bridging so many life lessons learned on the water into our new life on land
– passing on the frenetic pace of life that seemed inevitable before we went cruising
– treasuring the tangible closeness with family and friends
– thankful that loved ones know no distance nor time away
– feeling the warmth of them near to heart and home
– missing folks who became family on the water
– adoring our new land home
– stretching out within it with new found appreciation of space
– refusing to fill it with meaningless “stuff”
– sharpening some forgotten skills, like driving at 70 mph!
– anticipating the crisp fall weather that blows closer each day
– fancifying wild pirate stories so as to not disappoint all those who ask
– recalling the vividness of life’s colors while afloat
– reminiscing of those lazy days at anchor
– itching to be sailing again (good thing we’re heading to the coast this week for the Harvest Moon Regatta!)
– hoping that Kaleo will be out cruising again soon
– praising God at our home church, Fellowship Church
– realizing just how incredibly blessed we are
– encouraging sailors who want to be cruisers
– sending our love to those out cruising now
– and ultimately, praying that everyone would know the joy of accomplishing their own dreams.
We’ve settled in but the adventure in us hasn’t settled down. We’ll keep you updated on happenings as they happen.
Thank you SouleMama for this “Right Now” idea.